Friday, November 20, 2015

ILP Design- Edmodo

            For my second independent learning project I chose to design an Edmodo account learning environment. This is projected towards a third grade classroom because that it what I intend to be teaching in a few years. I thoroughly enjoy Edmodo. I believe it is a safe and easy way to communicate with students and even parents.
            Edmodo has many great accessories. Some include creating quizzes, assignments and polls. I utilized these three in my page. I made a multiple choice quiz to see how well students comprehended a story we read in class. I also assigned a science fair hypothesis to be typed and turned into the turn in box by December 1st. Edmodo has the option to close off the turn in box after the due date which I found to be very convenient. Another feature I liked is the capability the teacher has to decide if she wants the quiz grades to automatically be put in the grade book.

            All in all, Edmodo is an efficient way to keep in touch with parents and students. If a student misses a day of class he/she will be able to check Edmodo to see what we did that day. The automatic grading system after taking quizzes also cuts down on the grading teachers usually have to manually do. I would recommend this to any teacher!

1 comment:

  1. i was actually going to create an Edmodo for one of my ILP's, but i got confused. if i could figure it out, i think it would be an awesome way to keep in touch with parents and teachers too!

    ReplyDelete